What do I need to consider when travelling with a baby or a minor?


Find general information and the requirements you need to know to travel with your baby or a minor. Discover the benefits we offer when you purchase these services. 

Travelling with babies:

The most important thing for us is your and your baby's peace of mind, that's why we share with you some recommendations and conditions for you to take into account before flying.

Plan your trip Tickets and fares Cabin services 
  • You can fly with your baby only if it is more than 10 days old. If it is a minor, present a medical certificate authorising the mother and baby.
  • In caseyour baby turns 24 months of age before or during the return date of your trip, he/she will no longer be considered an infant and must have a child ticket with seat assignment. Avoid inconveniences when you return from your trip and make sure that the ticket corresponds to the age conditions of the child.
  • You can book this service if you are travelling with our airline partners in an interline agreement. The routes must be within the same booking and must be confirmed.
  • If you are travelling in Business Class, please note that infants will not be able to use a seat. Minors will fly using a lap belt, placed on an adult's lap.
  • If you are travelling with another airline, you should check the guidelines, conditions and restrictions of the service for travelling with infants.
  • Be sure to check our baggage policy.
  • We recommend that you bring a certificate from your paediatrician stating your baby's weight and height in inches or centimetres. 

We think about your comfort

  • You can bring a small car to the boarding gate. Our team will meet you at the gate and help you check it in as hold baggage.
  • You will be able to have a special menu with the food your baby needs for flights to and from Europe.

Travelling with minors:

We will tell you about the requirements and authorisations you need to take into account for the exit and entry of minors, according to the immigration authority of each country.

Travelling with children to Brazil, Colombia, Chile and Peru
Brasil Colombia Chile Peru
If the child is travelling with one of his or her parents

It is necessary to present the judicial authorisation obtained from the juvenile court. The signatures of both parents must be on record there. In order to obtain it, you must present the following documents to the court.

  • Proof of residence.
  • Child's passport.
  • Copies of pages 1, 2 and 3 of the child's passport.
  • Identity Card and Taxpayer Registration Card (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas or CPF) of the father and mother, in original plus one copy.

If the minor is travelling alone

A letter of authorisation, not necessarily endorsed by a judge, which clearly expresses the approval of both parents. It must be accompanied by the full names and ID numbers, as well as the acknowledged signature of each parent.

Download the international travel authorisation form.

Travelling with children to Mexico, UK and Spain
Mexico United Kingdom Spain
The new Decree on the Regulation of the Migration LawThe Child Protection Act, establishes that any child, adolescent and/or person under legal guardianship, travelling alone or accompanied by a third party, must comply with the following requirements:
  1. Authorisation to leave the country by the person with parental authority or legal guardianship.
  2. Authorisation form for the exit of minors from Mexican territory, issued by the National Migration Institute.

For more information, please consult the guidelines for immigration procedures and formalities.

Additional information when travelling with children

We welcome and promote local and international norms and laws on the prevention of exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism with minors, as well as the protection of the human rights of children and adolescents, and in general all those that tend towards the care and defence of all vulnerable populations.

For reference:

  • In Colombia Law 679 of 2001 and 1336 of 2009.
  • In Panama Article 187 of the Penal Code.

Check the requirements and/or authorisations necessary for the exit and entry of minors with the corresponding immigration authority in each country. We recommend that you bring an additional authenticated copy of this authorisation, in case the immigration authority of connection or destination requires it for entry or exit of the country.

Infants travelling in Business Class on Boeing 787 aircraft:

  • They must travel in the arms of an adult and wear a ring belt.
  • The use of the CRS (Child Restraint System)child seat is restricted.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful