We inform that the Autonomous Executive Port Commission (CEPA), the entity in charge of managing the International Airport in El Salvador, in the Second act 008 of the Session held on October 19, 2023, has established a new Airport Improvement Tariff. This tariff became effective on October 23. Those passengers who decide to cancel their trip and have purchased their ticket before October 23rd, may request a refund for the ticket purchased with Avianca.
What does the process look like?
- The travel agent must submit a refund request in BSP, in the field "Reason for refund" the agency must enter the following alphanumeric code: WAISAL01. This code must be included at the beginning, leaving a space for any additional comments that may be necessary.
- Agencies that have an ARC distribution system must enter this request through avianca.com, writing in comments the code WAISAL01.
- The customer must request the refund of the ticket and/or Ancillaries under this waiver before or after the flight, as long as it does not exceed 90 days after the flight departure.
- The refund applies to tickets and associated ancillaries that are in Open status. Non-refundable taxes, administrative charges and penalties are not refundables.
- The new Airport Improvement Tariff will be applied to passengers from certain countries (Please refer to the list of nationalities), regardless of their country of residence or place of departure who are traveling in transit through El Salvador Monseñor Óscar Arnulfo Romero y Galdámez International Airport.