To request a refund of your ticket, you must consider the conditions that apply to the chosen size when you purchased the ticket. This information can be found on the confirmation voucher of your purchase or on our website under fare types.
Reasons to ask for a refund
- At the will of the passenger
- Cancellation of the trip
- Change of itineraries
- Deceased people
- Delay in flight departure
- Double collection of departure taxes and airport charges
- Duplicate banknotes
- Flight cancellation
- Illness (medical certificate to be attached)
- Loss of a connection caused by us
- Withdrawal of purchase
Conditions for requesting a refund
- A refund will be made under the name of the parents or guardians, and you must show the document that shows that the minor is legally represented to get a cash refund.
- Please note that in order to make a refund request for bookings that include infants (10 days to 24 months), you must enter your ticket number and add the other related tickets in the booking you wish to refund.
- If you redeemed your ticket with LifeMiles miles, please contact our Contact Center or visit one of our sales offices to make the corresponding refund.
- If you are affected by the airline and your itinerary is changed by less than one hour, you will be able to choose between the re-accommodation options we offer or request a refund, subject to the conditions of your fare.
- In some cases and depending on the governmental regulations of each country, it is possible to refund unused taxes.
- To avoid any refund restrictions, you must cancel your booking in time.
- Ticket issuance fees are non-refundable. Also, please note that in some countries, there is an administrative fee for refund processing.
- Our fares comply with the requirements established by law, and their conditions and restrictions have been duly reported to the Colombian Civil Aeronautics Authority (Aeronáutica Civil de Colombia).
The exemptions apply as long as you meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Medical incapacity
- Name correction
You can apply online by filling out the exemption form below:
- Document authenticated in a notary's office (for Colombia) or it's equivalent in other countries. It must certify that the holder of the ticket authorizes you to carry out the procedure in his or her name.
- The document must specify the identification numbers of the holder and of the person carrying out the procedure.
- Fares that allow refunds without penalty.
- Fares that allow for refunds are subject to a penalty.
- Fares that allow changes and cancellations without penalty.
- Fares that allow changes and cancellations with a penalty fee.
- Non-refundable fares.