If you need to carry firearms with your baggage, the first thing you must do is inform the Customer Service agent at the Check-in counters during the documentation process that you are carrying a firearm or sabre in your baggage (even if they are for sporting use). You must also specify whether you are carrying this item together with its ammunition and your intention to declare it as checked baggage.
Important: currently, the transport of arms to and from the airports of Riohacha, Santa Marta, Bucaramanga, Cúcuta, Barrancabermeja, Valledupar, Cali, Medellin and Monteria is suspended due to the withdrawal of airport police.
The transport of weapons as baggage only applies to domestic flights in Colombia, or international flights from Colombia and has an additional charge in all sizes.
- These items should be transported in their rigid container / case in such a way that their transport is safe and secure.
- It should have a security mechanism (key or padlock) to which only you have full access and control to open it.
- Ammunition shall be packed in the main case of the firearm in such a way that it is secured and protected.
- All firearm cases will be searched and identified with their own bag tag and will be transported outside your baggage.
- All weapons must pass through a documentary verification process, ensuring verification of their unloading.
- Only weapons and ammunition with a maximum weight equivalent to 5 kg included in the packaging per passenger are allowed to be carried.
- The limit of weapons or sabres you can carry per flight is 2 weapons (per passenger).
Avoid difficulties and setbacks by complying with the established minimum submission times.
- For Domestic flights: Check in 2H: 00MM before your flight departure.
- For International flights: Check in 3H: 30MM before your flight departure.
|From Colombia COP 60.000
|From International USD/EUR 75
- Rates apply per journey and per weapon carried.
- No exemptions apply to Elite members.
- Temporary import and export permit for the weapon issued by the appropriate authority. It must bear your name and identification, as well as the identification of the weapon, the quantity of ammunition and the expiry date of the permit.
- Weapons carrying permit issued by the competent authority in the countries of origin, connection and destination.
- If you are a participant in a sporting event, you must bring certification of your participation in the event.
- If you are travelling as a diplomatic passenger, it is necessary to present the diplomatic identification document and the permit to carry arms.
- Keep in mind that the police authority in each country is the sole authority responsible for certifying the validity or otherwise of the permits to carry weapons.
- National Identity Card (DNI)
- Licence to carry weapons issued by the regulatory body for weapons, ammunition and explosives for civilian use.
- Valid ownership card for each firearm issued by the regulatory body for arms, ammunition and explosives for civilian use.
- Avianca does not provide the service of transporting firearms and ammunition as checked baggage on the Bogota - London - Bogota and Bogota routes, as well as to Brazil and its territories.
- You may not transport ammunition without accompanying your fire arm and/or respective permits from the appropriate local authority.
- If we determine that the weapon you are carrying does not meet the legal requirements for transport, we will inform you before your trip.
- Sporting weapons that do not use ammunition do not require the completion of the firearms transport form.
- Where an undeclared firearm is detected in baggage or as checked baggage, the baggage may not be carried until the acceptance process is completed.
What information are you looking for?