You are the most important thing to us, which is why we have implemented our biosecurity protocols, following the recommendations of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), so that you and all our passengers can feel safe during the purchase, check-in, documentation, boarding, flight and baggage reclaim processes. Find out more about Avianca Biocare.
Important: The use of face masks is mandatory for flights to/from Colombia and Brazil, in compliance with the regulations required by the sanitary guidelines of these countries.
Travel with peace of mind with Avianca BioCare
We have ensured that we comply with the biosecurity measures required by the different governments so that you have peace of mind throughout your trip.
- Mask: Remember that the use of face masks or mouth masks on board may be mandatory according to the place of origin and destination of your flight.
- Entry requirements for your destination: check the documents you need to travel. COVID-19 tests, forms and more.
- Cabin baggage: check your baggage allowance before going to the airport and try to travel as light as possible for comfort.
- Online check-in: save time and do it from our app or website as a self-care measure. In some countries, you will have to go to the airport counter to confirm any required information. We also recommend you use all our digital self-service channels.
Plan your trip
Please note the turnaround time for COVID-19 test results where applicable, so that you present yourself with complete documentation. If you have symptoms such as fever, persistent dry cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, and shortness of breath, or are COVID-19 positive, you will not be able to travel.
- Mask: Its use is mandatory at all stages of your trip.
- Social distancing: remember to maintain a distance of 2 meters/6 feet required by the authorities.
- Protective equipment: all our personnel is provided with face masks, gloves, and other protective equipment.
- Avianca Lounges: food and beverages are available in individual packages and there will be no reading material available.
- Boarding: regardless of elite status, boarding will be from the back to the front in small groups and disembarkation from the front to the back. You should be attentive to calls in the lounge.
Do not show up for your flight if you are awaiting a COVID-19 test result, if you are a positive case or if you have respiratory symptoms. Arrive at the airport with your documentation ready. There will no longer be a temperature check at the airport, so it will not be necessary to take your temperature at check-in or when boarding the plane.
- Mask: The use of face masks is mandatory for flights operating to/from Colombia, in compliance with sanitary guidelines of the Colombian authorities.
- In-flight announcements: they will inform you about biosecurity measures and requirements to be met during the flight.
- Air filters: our aircraft have HEPA filters that capture 99.97% of airborne particles and cool the cabin. These filters perform similarly to hospital operating rooms or industrial clean rooms. In addition, the cabin air system delivers approximately 50% outside air and 50% filtered and recirculated air, meaning that the air supplied is essentially sterile.
- Disinfecting towels: Disinfecting towels will be available on some flights.
When you board the plane, we recommend that you find your seat early and do not change seats during the flight. Avoid talking.
- Entry protocols: comply with the measures in force in the country you are traveling to (quarantines, preventive isolation, among others).
Arriving at your destination
Report any symptoms to the health authorities at your destination. Keep an eye on your email, where we will inform you of any recommendations. In case of changes, remember to use our digital self-management tools.
In order to prevent contagion and to take care of passengers and employees, we have once again updated our biosecurity protocols and as of 14 April 2021 will only accept the use of surgical or standard non-valved surgical masks and those made of fabric* on its flights.
Remember that it is compulsory to wear a surgical mask during the entire trip. Therefore, we advise you to bring at least two for an eventual change.
In people over 65 years of age, we recommend the use of N95 masks.
Remember to renew your mask every 8 hours.
- As an additional recommendation and considering the evolution of the Omicron variant, the Colombian Ministry of Health has also suggested the use of N95 masks for all travelers on domestic and international flights.