Online check-in is available from 48 hours before the flight leaves, from any device, or until 60 minutes before flight departure at the airport kiosks. You can also do it directly at the counter when checking in for your flight, considering the time limits (60 minutes for international flights and 45 minutes for domestic flights)
If you are traveling to or from the United States or Canada, the check-in time is 24 hours prior to your flight.
Follow the steps to check-in:
- Log in from your smartphone to the Avianca app or from your browser to avianca.com and select the check-in option.
- Enter your booking code or ticket number and complete the information requested.
- When you check in online, you will have your boarding pass on your cell phone or device, no need to print it out.
If you can't check in online or you prefer to do it in person, check in at airport kiosks, avoiding long lines or additional costs for doing it at the counter.
What you should know:
- Usually, kiosks are located in front of the airport counter lines.
- We have made the kiosks available so that you don't have to check-in and can print your boarding pass without having to go through the check-in desk.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before international flights and at least 1 hour before domestic flights.
- To check-in you must have one of these documents ready: reservation code, ticket number, frequent flyer number, passport, or barcode.
- During check-in, you must confirm you are not carrying dangerous or prohibited items in your carry-on baggage.
- When you check-in online, you will have your boarding pass on your cell phone, no need to print it.
In case you prefer to check-in using our counters at the airport, please note it has an additional charge for XS and S sizes.
|Domestic flights in Colombia
|Domestic flights in Ecuador / Guatemala
|From the United Kingdom
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice and are non-refundable.
During check-in you can:
- Change your seat.
- Add more baggage.
- Updating contact passenger information.
- Download or send your boarding pass to your e-mail address
- Check-in closes 60 minutes earlier for international flights, 45 minutes earlier for domestic flights in Colombia.
- Make sure your booking includes fewer than 8 people and that your flight itinerary does not exceed two connections between your origin and destination.
- Online check-in will not be available if you have special service assignments or travel itineraries that include codeshare routes (flight sharing segments).
- For connections with other airlines, you will only be able to check-in on Avianca flights.
- If you have a connection with Renfe make sure you check-in on their website as well, so you don't miss your connection when you arrive at your destination.
- If you are registered with Bio Mig, make use of these self-service machines located next to the Migration lines to speed up your procedures. If you are not registered, register for FREE in the Emigration (enrollment) and Immigration (authentication or walk-through) areas of the El Dorado Airport Migration Control Post.